Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Daughter's Baby Afghan

Bamboo Baby Afghan


I told you that I would show you the projects we made with our yarn addiction yarn. Too bad I’m not done with mine, but my daughter had to outshine me. She has an incentive though; the nurses she works with are paying her to make afghans for them. Before she can finish one, another nurse has already ordered the next one from her. It seems like she cranks out an afghan every week (or maybe I’m exaggerating a little). It just seems like she wouldn’t have time, between babysitting for a preemie baby, watching after her six year old throughout the week, and then working third shift on the weekends at the hospital.

I love the colors she chose, and she looks so pretty amongst my sunflowers (which, by the way, are taller than her, though that isn’t saying much since she is just barely 5 feet tall). The pattern came from the Make One for Baby book by Carole Rutter Tippett and the name of the pattern is Pastel Stripe.