Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Son and the Mouse

My Son


I just had to share this with everyone; it’s too funny. My son Joshua was commissioned by his dad to help dig out a bed frame, mattress, and box springs from the garage. To Joshua, the organizer, that meant to start sorting things in different piles--one pile to go to Goodwill, one pile to throw away, and one pile to keep. But that also meant he needed to ask me a question about every five or ten minutes on what to do with different things.

I think he was enjoying it a little as he found some of his old toys, books, and other things that he hadn’t seen in a long time. But one of his trips in was so funny--he came in, and being as dramatic as he is, he gagged a little and tried to explain what he had seen. I thought I was going to die laughing at his expression on his face.

He said, "I found a dead mouse, and it’s been dead for a long time because it’s flat." Well, since I don’t pick up mice, I asked him to take care of it. He said, “Like, I might get a disease or something?" I told him to put some gloves on, pick it up, and dispose of it. So he went out and a little bit later he came back in, and the photo above is what he looked like. He found a grabber tool and one glove, and he managed to pick the mousetrap up with the grabber and throw it away.

I think he might be almost ready for New York. What do you think? Next lesson is going to be in laundry. I’m going to miss him so much.