Friday, August 28, 2009

Free Pattern Friday: Cloud-Soft Cover-Up Crochet Pattern

Cloud Soft Cover Up


I chose this Cloud-Soft Cover-Up crochet pattern for Free Pattern Friday because I had this TLC Cotton Plus yarn from Coats & Clark that I really wanted to make something out of, and it was the weight that this sweet baby afghan pattern called for. I really like the way the yarn glides through my fingers. The way the yarn is spun seems like a cable that doesn’t separate.

Free Crochet Pattern 0828


Check out my work-in-progress above! Now that I've finally figured out the pattern stitch for this design, I'm really enjoying making it. Aren’t most afghans the same couple of rows over and over? This pattern is no exception; you just repeat two rows throughout the whole piece. The weather here has also been great for afghan making since the nights are getting longer and cooler. I love this time of the year, when you can open your windows and feel the cool air.

Once I started the afghan, I realized I only had three skeins of yarn, so I knew I would have to find some more to finish it. I thought it would be easy to find here in Wichita, but I was wrong. The stores aren’t carrying it, but then I remembered that Crochet Soiree carries it in their store, so I’ll have to put this project aside until I receive my order of six more skeins of yarn.

I can’t wait to see what yarns you’ve decided to use for your afghans, and I’ll make sure I post my finished project when I get mine completed.