Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Crocheter Goes on Vacation

The Buffalo, New York trip is all planned for me to go to the Knit and Crochet Show. Now, I need to figure out what this crocheter needs to wear to this kind of market. I have been going to the Quilt market for many years now and know exactly what I need to wear there. Which is kind of just like what I need to wear to the Crochet Market, too. So here’s one of the outfits that I have picked out.

My Outfit)


When I go somewhere on a trip, I take pictures of all the outfits that I'm taking along with the jewelry, so that when I get there, I don’t have to think about any of that. I even slide a print out of the outfits in my suitcase, so that if I forget, the picture is right there.

Comfortable Shoes


But we all know that when you go to these types of shows--fashion stops at the knees. So you will only find me in comfortable shoes and of course a pair of socks with crocheted edging on them.

Crochet Projects


My dilemma now is: What projects and yarns will I be taking with me? Or should I just pack lightly and wait to see what I can’t live without? You know I have to take some crochet projects-in-progress with me because there’s the wait at the airports, the flight, and the early morning hours when I have to crochet.

Tell me about the things that you have to take with you on vacation.