Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saturday at Knit and Crochet Show/Banquet Night with Fashion Show

Saturday was another good day. I finished my scarf after I arrived at the show. I even talked Debra into trying her hand at poking-a-hole in rick rack.

Debra crocheting on rick rack


I don’t think she wants to do that again, but you never know. At least now she knows how to if her next project requires crocheted rick rack. Ha! Ha!

I was excited about the Banquet and Fashion Show and couldn’t wait for it to start. Rita Weiss invited Debra, Susan, and I to join her and Jean at the President’s table (which is right at the end of the runway). We had perfect seats for the show.

Here are a few of the pictures that were good enough to share with you:

Line Waiting for Banquet


Crochet ladies and gentlemen waiting for Banquet doors to open.


Meal


Check out the meal we were served. Look at the little star on the mushroom; everything was just perfect.

Wedding Dress


My camera didn’t do very well when it came to moving targets. But it sure got some good shots of the back of the photographer’s head. I hope they will get the pictures posted soon on the CGOA website. Everyone did an amazing job with all the designs.

Then it was back to reality and home for me the next morning. I had so much fun and hope I’ll be given the opportunity to go again in the future.