Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Megan’s Top

Megan’s Top and Capris


After my first attempt at making my granddaughter's top failed (too small), I had the tag already made, so I decided to try another top that was in the Top-sy Turvy book. I chose the Tiered Halter this time and found yarn in the colors that Megan and I both like. The top came together really fast and easy.

As you probably already know, the thing about me is that I can’t stop at just a top! I decided to add fabric straps instead of crocheted straps. So that meant going shopping for fabric (oh darn) Ha! Ha! I found some really cute fabric and some vintage buttons on my trip to Newton with my husband. I love the fabric that I found and went ahead and purchased enough to have some left over for my fabric stash.

Then I decided I had better try the top on Megan, and it fit perfectly, at which point, my daughter told me how cute the top would look with a pair of jeans that Megan really loved, but that had gotten too short on her. I told her, “No problem. I'll just add a little edging on the bottom of the jeans.” When she brought them to me, I realized that the jeans were bell bottoms, and adding fabric to the bottom of a bell doesn’t look so good, so I decided to cut them off and make capris.

Anyway, the little project of making Megan a fast and easy top turned into a complete outfit and took most of one day. (By the way, Megan had worn these jeans so much, she had worn a small hole in the back, so, oh no, I had to make a crocheted flower to cover it up.)

tag in Megan’s top


What a rewarding feeling it was to sew that tag in the fast and easy crocheted top!