Friday, December 25, 2009

Free Pattern Friday: Cozy Winter Wrap

Cozy Winter Wrap Crochet Pattern


Hope you're having the merriest of Christmas days!!! Isn’t this a really cool looking afghan crochet pattern? It reminds me of some of my favorite stitches for afghans--the ripple stitch and zigzag. I love how the wedges come together and form the pattern.

CozyWinterScarf


I decided to change it up a little (surprise huh?). The fun thing about starting an afghan is that if you get so far, and you decide that you don’t want to finish the afghan, you can always make a scarf or, if you go a little farther, a shawl. Then you can do like me and have so much yarn left over that you make everything out of the colors that you chose for your afghan. Ha! Ha!

I chose to stop at a scarf, and I added some chain fringe to both ends. I hope you enjoy making this stitch as much as I did.